Richland Public Health is the local public health department focused on bringing the Richland County community the best health services. Our vision is creating the strongest community possible where everyone experiences the best physical, environmental, and mental health. We accomplish our vision by accessing, maintaining, and improving the community’s health and safety through quality public services. By reaching our goal we can prevent the spread of diseases, cultivate preventative health care, promote responsible behaviors, and protect against injuries and hazards.
Richland Public Health provides non-emergency public health care services for people of all ages who are residents of Richland County. These services include:
- Birth Certificates. We are one of the few health departments in the state that can process credit cards online for birth certificates. This ensures that if you ever need your birth certificate, for whatever reason, you can quickly have it.
- Child, school, adult, and travel immunizations and shingles shots by appointment (419-774-4700) during all business hours at the Richland Public Health Clinic.
- Newborn home nurse visits, school health services, senior health screenings, community health screenings, and flu shots through Public Health Nursing.
- Inspections of restaurants and food establishments, sewage systems, tattoo and body piercing parlors, solid waste landfills, swimming pools and campgrounds, plumping and private water systems through Environmental Health.
- Nutrition education program (WIC Services) for pregnant women, women who have a baby less than six months old, breastfeeding mothers, and infants and children up to 5 years old.
- Programs on risk reduction and healthy lifestyles, resource materials on health topics,presentations for groups, news releases to the media and social networks,advertising, and the website. Coordinates Communities Preventing Chronic Disease (CPCD), Corporate Wellness, Creating Healthy Communities, Child Safety Seat program and AARP Senior Driving Classes through Health Promotion/Education.
Our public health department works around the clock to keep the Richland community safe, well, and informed by providing the best community health care services possible. Call (419) 774-4500 for assistance with health concerns and problems today!